Book a 10-day Galapagos SUP Tour, get a FREE Espanola Day Tour. Ends Dec 31, 2017.
Some More Tips For Your Time in Quito and the Galapagos
Quito Travel Tips
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep up with what’s going on in the places you are travelling.
- Maintain a secure, confident attitude to avoid becoming a target to thieves and pickpockets.
- Be wary of false police, especially if approached on side streets.
- Avoid carrying valuables with you on the street if you do not need them, things like iPods, cell phones, and excess camera gear.
- If you must take out valuables on the street, it is best to do so near a police officer.
- Always keep copies of documents with you.
- Use traveler’s checks or credit cards and avoid carrying large sums of cash.
- Exchange money inside banks or your hotel, never in the streets.
- Do not take shortcuts or alleyways, always stay on main roads.
- At night, always take a taxi.
Galapagos Travel Tips
- The sun is strong here and the weather is hot during the first half of the year. Always use sun protection; this includes hats, glasses, and enough sunscreen to reapply throughout the day.
- Drink lots of water - preferably in a reusable bottle.
- Explore all of your options; there are different types of tours that suit different needs.
- Try to spend the night on all of the inhabited islands; this will give you a chance to see more than you would on a day tour.
- Make reservations ahead of time. Hotels and tours book out fast, especially during peak seasons.
- Bring a first aid kit and be careful. There is limited access to medical care in the Galapagos.
- Do not explore off trails - it is very easy to get lost.
- Sea lions are cute but keep your distance, especially from alpha males or females with pups. The official distance is 2 meters from all wildlife.
- Obey all National Park rules. They are there for the safety of the animals, the ecosystem as well as yourself.