Tour: 2-Day Otavalo Market Mini-Adventure
- Visit the famous Otavalo Market and Overnight in town
- Shopping in Cotacachi, the leather town
- Visit to San Antonio de Ibarra, the wood carving town
- Enjoy a bizcochos snack in Cayambe
- Birds of prey demonstration at Condor Park
- Great panoramic views from Mira Lago
The Otavalo market is considered one the biggest and best native markets in all of South America, for good reason! Two hours from Quito, the market is home to a wide array of textiles and handicrafts. Shop for scarves, blankets, purses, hats and souvenirs to bring home.
This mini-adventure also takes you to Calderon, Guayllabamba and Cayambe to sample some local treats such as bizcochos! For anyone looking for leather goods, the visit to Cotacachi is for you. As famous as Otavalo is for textiles, Cotacachi is known as the “leather town”. It also happens to be one of the best spots to try guinea pig for lunch.
The wood carving town of San Antonio de Ibarra and impressive Condor Park (home to the Andean Condor!) are visited on Day 2 of this busy mini-adventure tour. If you're looking for a cultural adventure outside of Quito, this tour packs in all the best markets and experiences!