Project Possibilities for Educational Tours
- Snorkel with sea turtles, playful sea lions and amazing underwater wildlife
- Hike up an active volcano and one of the biggest calderas in the world
- Explore Historic Quito, Ecuador
- Visit 4 inhabited Galapagos Islands, learn about island history & culture
- See the famous giant tortoises in their natural habitat
- Learn about sustainable tourism efforts in the Galapagos
The projects available in the Galapagos are endless. Some are fun, some require a team effort and others help raise awareness of the present day challenge of maintaining balance in the islands. Every little bit counts and each project, glamorous or not, has a place in the big picture of protecting this treasured environment and it's flora and fauna for generations to come.
- Plant endemic and native plants
- Eradicate and clear introduced plants
- Assist at the breeding centers with the giant tortoises
- Promote sustainable tourism with presentations at local schools
- Coastal clean up to keep the shoreline pristine and animal friendly
- Teach English; help children and adults alike with this vital skill needed to continue the sustainable tourism vision for the islands.
- Construct pathways, classrooms, or other basic facilities