Tour: 13-Day Machu Picchu and Galapagos Islands
- Visit the Archaeological Wonder of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy Peruvian and Ecuadorian cuisine and experience Andean culture
- See the famous giant tortoises and marine iguanas in their natural habitat
- Guided tours in Lima, Cusco, Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Moray
- Snorkel with sea turtles and sea lions in the Galapagos
- Hike up an active volcano and one of the biggest calderas in the world
This classic 2-week adventure combines our popular 6-day Peru Explorer tour with our 6-day Galapagos land tour, creating a perfect, compact Peru and Ecuador adventure.
Explore Lima, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu before heading to Ecuador for some wildlife adventures in the Galapagos Islands. In two weeks you’ll experience everything from high altitude mountains, to coastal shrublands. Enjoy both the big city lights of Quito and Lima, as well as the small town charm of Ollantaytambo and Puerto Villamil.
It is hard to think of any tour that packs in so many diverse experiences in such a short amount of time. History and nature are on display on this trip to two of South America’s greatest countries.
Some people call Machu Picchu a “Wonder of the World”, while others call the Galapagos Islands the same. They’re both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and well worth the effort to experience on the same trip to South America.